The historical synagogue is located in Yeniköy, one of the attractions of Istanbul with its location and historical sites. It was built in the 1870s. The Synagogue was built by Abraham Salomon Camondo of the Camondo family and underwent a major renovation in 1957 by architect Jak Pardo. The synagogue, which is considered a cultural asset that should be protected, is open to worship.
Yeniköy synagogue, which was renovated by the Sadioğlu family in 2000, was inspired by synagogues in Europe and restored as a modern structure. A Suka (gazebo) was also built in the garden of the synagogue, which increased its glory with the lighting arrangement.
Among the details that stand out with its elegance is the ‘Relief of Solomon’s Star' on the door of the synagogue, which was designed following its historical texture. After the restoration work, the renovated Yeniköy synagogue, which was opened with a ceremony on June 3, 2001, was also called ‘Tiferet Israel’, which means elegance, cleanliness, and beauty. The synagogue continues to serve every Saturday morning and on holidays today.